Welcome to Celtic Quilt Tours
- Thank you for choosing to travel with us. Celtic Quilt Tours offers exciting tours for quilters, regardless of your experience. Even your non-quilting friends will love our tours, as we have something for everyone. All you need is a love of travel, interest in meeting new people and a willingness to have fun!
- A $200 deposit will hold your seat! Print out the Traveler Reservation Form listed under the tour you wish to join. Fill it out and email it to Debbi (USA/International) or Kim (Canada/International). If you would prefer to speak to one of us directly, please call Debbi at 832-492-2205 (USA) or Kim at 780-288-9008 (Canada).
- No, the entire cost of the trip may be paid for in monthly payments Please see the Payment Option Plans included on the Reservation Form for each tour. Our payment plan is offered with no additional costs or fees.
- Airfare is not included in the Land Tour package cost. Many travelers choose to arrive early or extend their trip, while others use frequent flyer miles, by allowing you to book your own airfare, all options can be accommodated.
- The land tour price does not include transportation to your starting hotel. The meet-up time will be be announced on the itinerary for each tour. This allows travelers from around the world to join our tours.
- When booking your airfare, please be aware that It is your responsibility to schedule your flight to arrive in time for you to meet the group at the designated hotel prior to the start of the tour.
- At the end of the tour, group transportation to the designated airport will be available. If your return flight departs outside the group transportation time, or use an alternative airport, you will need to make your own arrangements for the transfer.
- If your flight is delayed or cancelled and you arrive outside the designated group departure time, it will be your responsibility (including any associated costs) to meet up with the group after you arrive. Please contact your tour hosts if you are unable to meet at the designated time and they will work with you to suggest alternate transportation.
- We keep you well informed via a monthly e-mail newsletter, providing all kinds of information to help you prepare for your trip. Please join our Celtic Quilt Tours Facebook page, where you will enjoy updates, photos and interesting information about the history and legends, as well as “meeting” fellow travelers.
- Please keep in mind that all travelers departing the USA and Canada will need a current Passport that will not expire until at least 6 months after the date of your scheduled return to the USA and Canada. International travelers, please check passport requirements for your country.
- Hotel accommodations are provided at four-star, centrally located hotels. Occasionally, a hotel stay may not be located right downtown, but will offer a myriad of other amenities, including on-site luxury spa, beautiful gardens and walking paths, and always a pub where you can sit and enjoy a pint or dram.
- A couple of options are available - every effort will be made to match up singles with a suitable roommate, avoiding the single supplement charge, allowing for two people per room. CQT cannot guarantee this option.
- There are a limited number of triple rooms available, CQT cannot guarantee this option.
- Please let us know your preference and every effort will be made to accommodate your group.
- We have been working closely with the quilt shops on each tour to offer a wonderful quilty experience. In addition to quilt shops and textile stops, you may have the opportunity to enjoy a quilt show, take a quilt class or enjoy a trunk show with a renowned local quilter. Please visit each tour itinerary to see the quilty events on your tour.
- Absolutely! Our tour destinations are full of history, sites and places of interest. Our guides will elaborate on various and alternative activities to consider as we approach each location. Historical sites such as churches and castles, photography opportunities galore, or even a round of golf are but a few activities to consider, which can easily be arranged. Any costs associated with these activities will be the responsibility of the traveler.
- Each tour is inclusive of everything listed in their itinerary. All transportation, hotels, entrance fees, excursions and meals (as listed for each tour) are included in the land tour package price. Our guides may suggest alternative and extra activities during your free time, should you choose to participate, there may be an expense associated with that activity. Of course, you're on your own for any pints or drams!
- Our group dinners provide an opportunity to sample some of the local specialties and traditional fare of each country. Every effort will be made to accommodate special dietary considerations.
- If you booked a twin room (two travelers per room) and your roommate has to cancel, you will be responsible for paying the additional "single supplement" charge. If you have travel insurance, this additional cost may be recoverable through your insurance policy. We strongly encourage having land tour travel insurance and airfare travel insurance for such emergencies. Be sure to read your policy carefully.
- Yes! Our tours will officially begin at the designated hotel on day one of the tour. The details can be found on the itinerary for your tour. We welcome anyone who wants to travel with us! In addition to Canadian and American travelers, we've had travelers from Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, The Netherlands, New Zealand and Mexico join our tours. You know the saying, "Quilters are the friendliest people!"
- Please keep in mind that the travel insurance through Journeys Connect is not available to travelers outside of North America. We recommend that you purchase travel insurance through a local company.
- Early summer is a grand time of year to visit Ireland. Of course, a little Irish mist is to be expected, so you'll want to bring a rain jacket with a hood. The temperature can vary across the country and range from: 6 - 20C / 42 -75F. An extra sweater to layer under your rain jacket is a good idea.
- Late summer is a wonderful time of year to visit Scotland. A little “soft weather” is to be expected, so be sure your waterproof jacket has a hood. The temperature can vary across the country and range from: 10 - 21C / 50 - 70F.
- Comfort! Our tours are set up to be casual. There are no "formal nights" with special dress required, as we want everyone to be relaxed and comfortable. Plan to bring clothing that you can layer, as the temperature can vary in different parts of the countries. We suggest casual slacks, jeans, sweaters, t-shirts, skirts, etc., you may want to pack a bathing suit for use in hotels that have pools or hot tubs.
- While travelling on any of our tours, carrying an umbrella is not recommended, as it doesn't leave your hands free to take photos! A waterproof jacket with a hood is highly recommended. Comfortable walking shoes for touring are a must - at least one pair should be waterproof.
- We will make every effort to follow our written itinerary. Please keep in mind our tours are planned over a year in advance and we may need to occasionally divert from what is written due to timing, weather or closure. Please know that any change will only enhance your experience.