Welcome to Celtic Quilt Tours
- Thank you for choosing to travel with us. Celtic Quilt Tours offers exciting tours for quilters; even your non-quilting friends will love our tours, as we have something for everyone. All anyone needs is a love of travel, interest in meeting new people and a willingness to have fun!
- A $500 deposit will hold your seat!
- Print the Traveler Registration Form listed under the tour you wish to join
- Fill it out and email it to Debbi (USA/International) or Kim (Canada/International)
- If you would prefer to speak to one of us directly, please call Debbi at 832-492-2205 (USA) or Kim at 780-288-9008 (Canada)
- No, the entire cost of the trip may be paid for in monthly payments
- Please see the Payment Option Plans included on the Registration Form for each tour
- The payment plan is offered with no additional costs or fees
- Airfare is not included in the Land Tour package cost. Many travelers choose to arrive early or extend their trip, while others use frequent flyer miles. By allowing you to book your own airfare, all options can be accommodated.
- The land tour price does not include transportation to your starting hotel. The meet-up time will be be announced on the itinerary for each tour. This allows travelers from around the world to join our tours.
- When booking your airfare, please be aware it is your responsibility to schedule your flight(s) to arrive in time for you to meet the group at the designated hotel prior to the start of the tour.
- If your flight is delayed or cancelled and you arrive outside the designated group departure time, it will be your responsibility (including any associated costs) to meet up with the group after you arrive. Please contact your tour hosts if you are unable to meet at the designated time and we will work with you to suggest alternate transportation.
- At the end of the tour, transportation to the designated airport may be available. If your return flight departs outside the arranged transportation time, or you choose to use an alternative airport, you will need to make your own arrangements for your airport transfer.
- Celtic Quilt Tours sends a monthly newsletter which will provide you information on each tour, including information on the sites, shops, hotels and the events you may be attending. We also provide information on everything from suggested airline flights to currency to tax refunds. A month prior to each tour you will receive detailed information, including an itinerary, hotel and other pertinent information to leave with your family and friends.
- Please join our Celtic Quilt Tours Facebook page, where you will enjoy updates, photos and interesting information about the history and legends, as well as important logistical information.
- Please keep in mind that all travelers departing the USA or Canada will need a current Passport that will not expire until at least 6 months after your scheduled return date to the USA or Canada. International travelers, please check the passport requirements for your country.
- Hotel accommodations are provided at four-star, centrally located hotels. Occasionally, a hotel stay may not be located right downtown, but will offer a myriad of other amenities, including on-site luxury spa, beautiful gardens and walking paths, and always a pub where you can sit and enjoy a pint or dram.
- A couple of options are available - every effort will be made to match up singles with a suitable roommate, avoiding the single supplement charge (CQT cannot guarantee this option)
- Please let us know your preference and every effort will be made to accommodate your group
- We work closely with the quilt shops on each tour to offer a wonderful, authentic quilty experience. In addition to quilt shops and textile stops, you may have the opportunity to enjoy a quilt show, take a quilt class or enjoy a trunk show with a renowned local quilter. Please visit each tour itinerary to see the quilty events we've organized for your tour.
- Absolutely! Each tour destination is full of history, sites and places of interest. Our guides will elaborate on various and alternative activities to consider as we approach each location. Historical sites such as churches and castles, photography opportunities galore, or even a round of golf are but a few activities to consider, which can easily be arranged. Any costs associated with these activities will be the responsibility of the traveler.
- Each tour is inclusive of everything listed in the individual itineraries. All transportation, hotels, entrance fees, excursions and meals (as listed for each tour) are included in the land tour package price. Our guides may suggest alternative and extra activities during your free time, should you choose to participate, there may be a fee associated with that activity. Of course, you're on your own for any pints or drams!
- Our group dinners provide an opportunity to sample some of the local specialties and traditional fare of each country. Every effort will be made to accommodate special dietary considerations, but CQT can not guarantee this.
- If you booked a twin room (two travelers per room) and your roommate has to cancel, you will be responsible for paying the additional "single supplement" charge. If you have travel insurance, this additional cost may be recoverable through your insurance policy. We strongly encourage having land tour travel insurance and airfare travel insurance for such emergencies. Be sure to read your policy carefully.
- YES! Each tour officially begins at the designated pre-tour hotel on Day 1 of the tour, details can be found on the itinerary for your tour. We welcome anyone who wants to travel with us. We’ve had travelers from across the USA, Canada, New Zealand, The Netherlands, Australia, Ireland, Mexico and several other countries join us on tour. You know the saying, "Quilters are the friendliest people."
- Please keep in mind that the travel insurance through Journeys Connect is not available to travelers outside of North America. We recommend that you purchase travel insurance through a local company.
- Spring is a great time to visit Newfoundland. The weather can range between 31-60F / 0-15C, perfect for a warm sweater or fall jacket. An insulated waterproof jacket (with a hood) and pair of shoes/boots is always a good idea when traveling.
- Summer in both Ireland and Scotland is subject to various weather changes. The saying, you can experience all four seasons one day is very true. Layering is key when traveling to both countries. Due to sporadic rain showers, a jacket with a hood is highly recommended. Ireland: temperatures can range from 54-75F / 12-21C. Scotland: temperatures can range 59-72F / 13-22C. In recent years, temperatures have been known to be 15-20 degrees over the monthly averages.
- Early Fall in the Alsace region of France is a great time to visit. The weather is warm and there is plenty of sunshine. The average temperatures range from 49-80F / 9-25C. A lightweight jacket with a hood is always good to have for any quick showers they may occur.
- Comfort! Our tours are set up to be casual. There are no "formal nights" with special dress required, as we want everyone to be relaxed and comfortable. Plan to bring clothing that you can layer, as the temperatures can vary in different parts of the countries. We suggest casual slacks, jeans, sweaters, t-shirts, skirts, etc., you may want to pack a bathing suit for use in hotels that have pools or hot tubs.
- While travelling on any of our tours, carrying an umbrella is not recommended, as it doesn't leave your hands free to take photos! A waterproof jacket with a hood is highly recommended. Comfortable walking shoes for touring are a must - at least one pair should be waterproof.
- We will make every effort to follow our written itinerary. Please keep in mind our tours are planned over a year or two in advance and we may need to occasionally divert from what is written due to timing, weather or closure. Please know that any change will only enhance your experience.
"Everyone was helpful, friendly, professional, knowledgeable and etc.
I appreciate that for Kim and Debbi this is a labor of love and not just labor.
It really showed through in the thoughtfulness and everything they did for us.
And it may be Tony's job, but you can tell that he really enjoys it and enjoys being excellent at what he does.
He made me fall in love with Ireland and appreciate the complex layers of history."
Ireland Tour Traveler